Ara Pacis Mundi
Medea is one of the best preserved town of the old Austrian Friuli and it is located at the bottom of the homonymous hill that became a protected natural area in 1999.
In the town there are a lot of eighteenth-century palaces with beautiful traditional stone arches.
Its Preromanesque origins are proved by the discovery of a few tombs found on the northern side of the hill; the excavations lead to several archaeological finds, such as some bronze fibulas of the 4th a.C. century.
Medea is known for its War Memorial Monument dedicated to all wars, built in 1950.
Temporary not accessible because of paving remplacement.