At the beginning, the Villa was the hunting lodge of the counts of Gorizia which for a long time was used for summer pleasures. Its subsequent owners were the nobles of the Herberstein, Della Torre, Attems and finally the Teuffenbach families. In the 16th and 17th centuries, the palace suffered the war between the emperors and the Venetians. These in the first half of the seventeenth century transformed it into a luxurious renaissance villa with a rectangular shape, with two leaning square towers and Venetian-style decorations. The owners served as a summer residence with a beautiful park adorned with a Baroque fountain.
During the two world wars, Villa Vipolže was not spared and finally in 1948 it was also hit by a fire. Then, during her long sleep, Sleeping Beauty here and there hosted parties and wine festivals on a newly built dance floor. Now the scaffolding has fallen. Villa Vipolže has awakened. She is a cosmopolitan who inaugurates her first season with her new regional cultural and congress center.